On behalf of our client, a leading logistics operator in one of the Free Trade Zones (FTZ) in Nigeria, BPI Advisory is inviting focused, result oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the role of Managing Director/ CEO for the company.
Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will manage, develop and grow as necessary, the Company’s multidisciplinary team and be familiar with the existing client base.
A key part of the post will be to identify and to attract international projects, as part of the overall growth and development plan as well as liaise and interact with a wide range of stakeholders and service providers impacting on the successful delivery of all the Company’s services.
Specifically, the candidate will:
• Ensure compliance with the business’ eco-system, legislative environment, and regulation
• Implement FTZ Master Plan and future development strategy;
• Develop and implement a strategic plans in line with expected deliverables, timelines and KPIs;
• Establish and maintain best practice and incorporation into the overall management and operations of the FTZ;
• Mentor, train and build capacity including skills and knowledge transfer to the team on a day to day basis;
• Attract potential investors;
• Monitor and control organizational targets including overall financial performance of the business
• Develop an organizational training policy/programme;
• Facilitate project implementation process;
• Monitor and control project pipeline;
• Manage key stakeholder relationships along with own team; and
• Monitor and control international partnerships and strategic development of the business
Qualification, Experience and Attributes:
• A good first degree or equivalent in business, marketing or related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution. An MBA or any other higher degree as well as a professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• 8 – 10 years’ experience in a senior management role in an FDI or logistics environment would be an added advantage
• Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills at the highest level in the private and public sectors.
• Strong understanding of the application of risk management in the context of the logistics businesses.
• Sound knowledge of regional and global trends in the industry as well as an understanding of the key macroeconomic drivers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organization skills.
• Strong investor management orientation
• Between 40 years and 55 years of age (but this may be waived in exceptional cases)
Key Performance Indicators
• Strategic growth of the business
• Business profitability and margin
• Return on investment for investors
• Average revenue generated
• Number of zone licences approved
• Number of leases issued
• FDI investment levels
• Services as a percentage of total revenues
• Oversight and implementation of new infrastructure developments
• Marketing branding and promotion of the business locally and internationally
• Maintain and develop motivated and skilled team
• Annual level of training within the business